Belgium, Bruges & Cologne by Plains, Trains & Automobiles – with Teenagers
We’ll arrive in Brussels via the Eurostars Chunnel from London after a morning at the London Heathrow Virgin Atlantic arrivals lounge (frequent flying definitely has its perks).
I’ve heard a rumor that my American Express Platinum Card grants access to the Saint Pancras Eurostar Business Lounge – I do love a good lounge.
Day One – An Evening in Brussels
- Arrive Brussels at 6:00 PM
- Check in at the Marriott Hotel Grand Place (using Marriott Bonvoy App ofc)
- Then, we have 7:30 dinner reservations at La Chaloupe D’Or Dinner on the Grand Place
- The Tour D’France will be preparing for the Grande Depart while we’re in Brussels, so if anybody is up for it our hope is to explore the pre-race festivities … but jet lag can waylay even the best laid plans.
Day Two – A Morning in Bruges
- We’re planning (travel Gods & Jetlag accommodating) to take the morning Train to Bruges for exploring. My husband and I each visited Bruges (separately) over a decade ago and we’ve been talking about returning together for years.
- We’ll be traveling with our bags planning to head to Cologne following our morning so we’ll need to make use of the Bruges Train Station Luggage Storage
- We’ll then spend the morning exploring Bruges (beer for the adults, Belgium’s finest chocolates for the Teenagers).